Consular legalization: Viettrans provides notarized translation and consular legalization all types of documents for all organizations and individuals in Vietnam: Simple, convenient procedure and saving time and cost for customers.
Consular legalization is an administrative procedure with the function of confirming values of a notarized foreign document, checking the authenticity of the signature on the document and the status of the signatory.
When citizens of a country want a notarized document issued by the authorities of that country to be valid in another country, or vice versa, a document issued by the authorities of another country, this document should be recognized by the authorities of the State where such document is or would like to have legal effect.
Consular certification is only certification of seals, signatures and titles on documents, not including the certification of contents and forms of documents.
Documents are exempted from consular certification, consular legalization:
- Documents which are exempted from consular certification, consular legalization must follow the international treaties which Vietnam and related foreign countries are member, or on the principle of reciprocity.
- Documents are delivered directly or through diplomatic channels between competent Vietnamese agencies and competent foreign agencies.
- Documents which are exempted from consular certification, consular legalization are in accordance with the law of Vietnam.
- Documents that the receiving agency of Vietnam or of a foreign country do not require consular legalization or consular certification are in accordance with the relevant laws of Vietnam or foreign countries.
Consular legalization dossier include:
A dossier of consular legalization at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – The consular legalization applicant shall submit a dossier set comprising:
- 01 consular legalization declaration according to a set form; (prescribed in 2012)
- Presenting the original of the identification papers for the case of direct submission;
- 01 copy of identification papers for the case of submiting by mail;
- The requested document, which have been certified by foreign diplomatic missions, consular offices or other agencies;
- 01 translation of requested documents for consular legalization into Vietnamese or English, if such documents are not prepared in the above languages;
- 01 copy of documents save at Items 4 and 5 to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
– In case of needing o check the authenticity of requested documents for consular legalization, the dossier-receiving officials may request the consular legalizing applicants to present original documents, relevant documents and submit 01 copy of these documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Place of dossier submission: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the External Affairs Offices of the provinces and centrally-run cities authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Viettrans provides a package service: verify the legality of documents, be on behalf of organizations and individuals carrying out procedures at the competent State agencies:
- Document translation for consular certification;
- Notarization, Judicial authentication
- Procedures for legalization, consular certification
- Get seal of all requested embassies
Please contact us for further advice:
Hotline: Mr. Khương CEO: + 84 0947.688.883 – Mr. Hung + 84 0963 918438
Add: – Ha Noi: 101 Lang Ha, Dong Da, Ha Noi
– Ho Chi Minh City: 47 Dien Bien Phu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
– Da Nang: 54/27 Dinh Tien Hoang, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
– Others: See affiliates to get the details